Ascheri is one of those estates historically linked to Barolo wines. It all began in the 19th century in the area of La Morra, a village located in the north-western part of the vineyard, where a plot of land named Ascheri still exists today. It was here that the first vines were planted and the estate took off. In 1880, the owners decided to move the winery to the town of Bra, in the north-western part of the Barolo vineyard. With an excellent geographical location, well connected to Turin and its important wine market, especially thanks to the presence of the House of Savoy, Bra became an important town in Piedmont. Later, the estate expanded with the acquisition of plots in the areas of Serralunga D'Alba, Verduno and Bra. In 1960, work was undertaken to enlarge and modernise the winery.
Today the winery is run by Matteo Ascheri and has always been a pioneer in the world of wine. Already in the 19th century, viticulture and vinification methods were developed under the name of the "Ascheri method". Today, Matteo, who for six years directed the Piedmont centre for viticultural experimentation, continues this tradition. His philosophy is to do a lot of work in the vineyards to be as hands-off as possible in the cellar during vinification and ageing. From the use of low-yielding rootstocks to the selection of different types of clones for each grape variety, everything is done to obtain quality grapes, thus enabling the production of wines representative of their appellation. While Ascheri is of course known for its Barolos, the winery also produces Moscato d'Asti, Arneis and Langhe wines.