Corte dei Venti is located in the south-west of Montalcino, a region of red earth, very sunny between Sant’Angelo and Castelnuovo dell’Abate. The history of the winery dates back to 1943, when the Clara Monaci family (the Pieri family) took over a farm called Piancornello.
Wines from Corte dei Venti
The vineyards are located in a hilly area, on a clay-limestone soil rich in iron, fresh earth and minerals. The name "Corte dei Venti" comes from the particular confluence of the winds. This area is in fact constantly swept by sea winds which guarantee healthy and prolonged ripening of the grapes.
The estate has 5 hectares of vines, 2.8 of which are dedicated to the production of Brunello alone, as well as 3 hectares of century-old olive trees.